Make this tasty favorite from the Disney Festival of Holidays. Horchata is a traditional Mexican drink made with cinnamon, rice, and milk.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups filtered water
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla syrup
- ¼ cup water
- Dollop whipped cream
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 Mexican cinnamon galleta (cookie)
For rice base:
- Combine cinnamon sticks, jasmine rice, and water in container and cover with a lid.
- Allow to sit, in the refrigerator, overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours to ensure cinnamon sticks and rice are softened.
- Blend and strain through cheesecloth and set aside.
- Combine whole milk and condensed milk in a large container and stir in rice base. Add vanilla syrup; stir.
- Add ice to serving cup and pour Horchata over ice.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cut Mexican cinnamon galleta in half and place on whipped cream to create Mickey “ears.”