Marvel Studios’ Eternals is now available on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD, featuring never-before-seen bonus material including four deleted scenes and a gag reel.
In celebration of today’s release, Feast of Fiction, the fun and innovative cooking show hosted by Jimmy Wong and Ashley Adams, has recreated Gilgamesh’s Blueberry Pie that he is seen cooking in the film!
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 lb (4 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled, and cut into chunks
- 6½ cups (about 950g) blueberries
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 1 ¼ tbsp lemon
- 1½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ -¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp water for egg wash
1. Combine flour, salt, and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the butter, and using a fork or a pastry cutter, mix into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Knead the dough (with hands or stand mixer), and add 1 tbsp cold water at a time until smooth dough forms. (Do not add too much water or overwork).
4. Divide dough into 2, form disks, wrap in plastic wrap, and put in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours before using.
**Note: Use ~8 tbsp of ice-cold water
**Note: Place and shape half the dough into the cast iron, then set in the fridge covered.
5. Let dough rest outside of the fridge for 30 minutes before putting it into the oven.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon, lemon zest, and cinnamon.
7. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
8. Spread blueberry filling onto the pie crust.
**Make a mound, and don’t worry about spreading the fillings flat as the berries will spread as it cooks.
9. Cover with top pie crust and seal.
10 Cut 5 slits on top, and crimp the edges of the pie. Then, egg wash the pie.
11. Bake for 25 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven, drop the temperature to 400°F. Sprinkle pie top with sugar as desired.
13. Bake for an additional 30-35 minutes, either until golden brown and/or blueberry starts bubbling.
14. Do a second layer of egg wash, and finish baking it off for 10 more minutes.
15. Remove and let cool completely so the filling sets.
16. If you rush the process and not let it cool, the filling will run liquid!
17. Since it’s a cast iron, it takes longer to cool.