You can find this tasty potato skin dish at the Lamplight Lounge in Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure Park. Disneyland has shared the recipe for you to make it at home!
An elegant yet fun gathering place for the entire family, Lamplight Lounge offers picturesque waterfront views of Paradise Bay from both upstairs and downstairs. The California casual gastro-pub cuisine will feature unique signature cocktails and fun new menu items, including these potato skins with butter-caper yogurt, smoked paprika ai¨oli and Manchego cheese.
8 cups cold water
9 cloves garlic, peeled
2 shallots, peeled
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 lemon, halved
1 tablespoon coarse salt
1 pound small gold potatoes (12 small potatoes)
1 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
1 teaspoon ground cayenne
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 (5.5 ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
SMOKED PAPRIKA AÏOLI
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
2 teaspoons chopped chives
1 clove garlic, minced
Canola oil, for frying
1/4 cup capers, drained
1/2 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- Combine water, garlic, shallot, thyme, lemon, salt, and potatoes in stockpot. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, paprika, and cayenne in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Smash potatoes gently between two baking sheets until they are in slightly flattened circles.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll smashed potatoes in cornstarch mix and coat on all sides. Place on parchment-lined the baking pan and freeze for at least 2 hours.
FOR CAPER YOGURT:
- Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat until melted. Add drained capers and cook for 5 minutes. Remove capers from butter and cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine Greek yogurt, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a small bowl. Add reserved capers. Season with pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR SMOKED PAPRIKA AÏOLI:
Combine mayonnaise, smoked paprika, lemon juice and zest, chives, and garlic in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR POTATO SKINS:
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 350°F.
- Drain capers and fry for 3-5 minutes, until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Remove potatoes from the freezer and fry for 3 minutes, until crispy.
- Top potatoes with Manchego cheese, fried capers, and micro cilantro.
- Serve with caper yogurt and paprika aïoli.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 262Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 967mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g